It is really difficult to look after infants while working or doing any household work; one cannot leave the toddler alone in a room while finishing the work as you never what they might catch hold off or what they might put in their mouth while playing n the floor or they might just fall off from the bed while playing. So it is very important to cautiously handle a toddler and it also important to do all the important work, have a shower, make food, clean the house etc.
So in such a case a play pen is the best option for parents who have toddlers at home but they are not able to keep an eye on them 24/7. A playpen keeps the toddlers safe, gives them an area of their own to play in and also lets you focus on your pending work. It is an enclosed area which is especially made to keep the baby safe without constant supervision. These playpens are made up of wood, plastic or metal frames with a centre floor and sides. A playpen is best for children who are around six to seven months old as that is the time when most kids start crawling.
A playpen is considered to be a safe place for toddlers but it is important that while buying a playpen parents should read reviews and advice from other parents and experts. As no matter how safe a place is for a child there are a few precautions parents need to take from their side.
Precautions to be taken
- Try not to leave the side of the mesh playpen lowered; as an infant can get trapped in the slash of the mesh.
- Remove the toys that are tied across teh playpen as a child can get entangled in them.
- When the child grows tall remove all the toys and boxes on which the child can climb and jump over the playpen.
- Children who are teething can easily bite plastic from the playpen so make sure you keep a check on the mesh surrounding it.
- Make sure that mesh is free of tears and holes so that the child doesn’t get caught in it.
It is very important for parents to be careful about all these things in order to maintain a safety and protective environment for their child.